Sunday, July 5, 2009

Taman Jurong Pay Pond Part II

And so, after Thursday night's literally wasted trip, Anthony and I decided to give the day time 12 hours another shot before deciding if Taman Jurong pay pond is worth our time. There were supposed to be 4 of us going but Mr Desmond and Mr Ken decided to board the new Jumbo Airbus and leave us hanging out dry... but that will be a story for another time... Now for the CR!

After some quick breakfast and "tabao-ing" of our lunch at the coffeeshop, Anthony and I braced ourselves for another day of bite-less fishing.


6:30AM: We are really 2 crazy fishermen... Just look at the place... DARK!


Anthony and his trusty Surecatch set, fully loaded and thirsty for revenge!

8:30AM:
STRIKE! Anthony felt a bite on his rod and slowly reeled in, it was meant to be the first fish of his life but! alas! it was not meant to be! His line broke right as he got the fish to the side of the pond... Should have seen him cursing and swearing, but he cursed even more when the China man fishing beside us reckon that the fish that got away was at least a 4kg Taiwan Ngor. LOL!

On my advice, he switched over to Ken's 7feet DAM Crosspower and 2500 Slate (with 15lb braided) which I had borrowed from Ken as a back-up.


Anthony, setting up the new set up. With renewed vigour and lots of cursing (OF COURSE!) he set his bait and started to play the waiting game again!

10:30AM:
SCORE! Another bite, with the painful lesson of his first loss, he fought this fish with focus and determination that would have landed anything in this world (Man sure wants his catch badly).
And true to that, he got the first fish of his lifetime! Welcome to the club!


Anthony and his first fish!


Some close-ups of the fish.

11:30AM:
Not wanting to be outdone, My beautiful Red Drum reported barely an hour after Anthony got his!


Anthony and his photo-taking skills... *sigh* Need a fishing kaki who can take half a decent picture without SO MUCH BACKGROUND WTF! %^$%#^&*)


Close up of the Red Drum.

11:45AM:
Bite fest! Anthony's float begin sinking again! Play with the tension buddy! Gonna hang in there!


Anthony's 2nd catch, can you catch something else? This fish is beginning to bore me -_-"


Close up of the fish *Blah blah blah etc etc Yawnz~*

11:40AM:
As I was tying up Anthony's fish to the line, I saw my float sink! I hurried to my rod and had a rather fun fight with a 1.8kg KBL, it flipped on the water twice, I loved the way it jumps out of the water to dehook itself. The score is now 2-2! BRING IT ON!


Excuse the face please, you can't really smile when the damn fish is trying to slap you with it's tail.

Things got pretty quiet after that KBL so as per customs, I am shooting our arsenal!


All repeat after me: FISHING IS SERIOUS BIZNORZ! RAWR!


Introducing Mr Anthony-I-eat-other-people's-ice-cream-and-not-pay-for-it-and-my-tummy-is-continuing-to-grow-Lim


"Wow I think someone got a big fish! Maybe it's the taiwan ngor I lost! You think can claim back anot huh?"


More random ice cream shots.


Is it me or does he look F*CKING old in this picture!? O_O?


Getting tired...


The two "Siao On" Fishermen

At around 2:30PM it started to rain! sigh... We ain't that good but one thing we do know, rain = bad time for fishing, but oh well!

It was at this point I decided to do some luring on my new Strikepro popper I bought last week at Yishun's Sincere, but after my first cast, I LOST IT GOD DAMNIT IT FELL OFF THE LEADER! NOOO.!!!..!....!

Ignoring the rain, I ran around the pond asking other anglers to inform me if they happen to hook up a white popper, but alas! guess it can't be found...


The place at 3:30pm... Looks so dark.. Lost my popper, LOOKS EVEN DARKER!

We didn't have a bite for over 4 hours, so I decided to try my 秘密武器! Salted prawns, on Anthony's rod and true enough, we had a bite! Hello KBL!


Excuse his "steam" face, he haven't slept since Saturday. On a sidenote, the score is now 3-2. Damn!


The two soaked up men.

6PM: I was all for giving up and packing to go home when Anthony was like, "Is that your popper in the water?"

Ignoring the rain and bait, I took my rod out into the rain and saw that it was only around 10 metres away from me, using my level 99 uber-super-leet casting skillorz I was able to hook my popper back!

And no, the long leader and double prawns on the hook didn't help me, not the float too, it was just me, ONE MAN, BETRAYED BY HIS COUNTRY, ONE MAN WITH HIS TRUSTY ROD. Argh! Damn transformers! See what these movies nowadays do to your brains? THEY CORRUPT JOO!


Argh.. I didn't want to post these two pictures coz I LOOK F*CKING DUMB IN IT! but to be fair, I posted Anthony's old man pic, so oh well! Laugh all you want! I am over the moon to get my popper back!


Anthony and the catches, sorry picture's blurry, no idea why it turned out this way, must have been the camera. Yea.. that must be it.


The 1st fish we got died due to some festering wounds on it's head and belly, suspected foul hooking anglers. Those low-life...


Back at home, my 2 fishes in my sink, ain't they beautiful? *Beams with pride*

No comments:

Post a Comment