Friday, July 3, 2009

1st Encounter! The Taman Jurong Pay Pond!

On the starry evening of 2nd July, I suddenly feel a sensation rush through my veins and linger on my skin as I stare at the moon... That was where it all happened...

Okay never mind. I just suddenly felt like fishing! And Kudos here to Alleycat who never fails to answer all my questions regarding costs/location etc etc, the guy's a walking fishing directory!

I have never been to the Taman Jurong (or what kakis call TMJ) pay pond, since there was nothing much to do that night I packed my tackle box after getting all the info I needed from meow and asked Anthony out to what was his virgin trip to a pay pond.

I got there around 9.30pm and Anthony came shortly at 10.30pm. It was a very quiet night and I can see that the other anglers were not having much luck either. Bored, I took some shots of the DARK place.


On hind sight, it was not as dark as it looks on the cam. Blame it on my sucky photo taking skills I guess.


Our tackle boxes and my lukewarm coffee, all geared and ready to go! FISHING IS SERIOUS BIZ!


Ant shamelessly eating the ice cream I PAID FOR despite being late.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:30PM: STRIKE! MY 1ST pay pond fish! but luck has it, my reel had to "bee hoon" right as I land it (My tension was too loose... sigh...) Having no choice as I can't reel in, I had to literally drag the fish out of the water, as it nears the edge and I bend over to pull it up, MY LEADER SNAPPED!


Patches of water were all that remains from what would have been my 1st fish of the night.

3am: I was getting bored and the bites were slow, so I went around chatting with the other anglers and found that apparently me and Ant were not the only unlucky guys around. Sigh.. I am beginning to think that Anthony is a jinx...

Déjà vu!!!

Verdict: Ant's photography skills ain't much to speak of.

4:30am: I really feel like going home at this point... 35 bucks and no catches to show for it, the pain of losing that fish earlier tonight still cuts...

Suddenly my line moved! Ant thought he entangled his line onto mine (AGAIN!) and tried to reel back, but I feel something move at the end of my line and proceeded to reel everything back (Including Anthony's rig! and oh, by the way, each sold seperately, batteries not included).

After a less than 2minutes fight, I landed my 1st fish of the night!


My shiny little KBL! No idea why it looked so small in the 2nd shot, could have been the angle where I took it... Or is it just me?


Fishie in the sink~ Hello Lunch!

We are planning another trip this sunday with Ken and Desmond. I want Revenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment