Monday, July 6, 2009

Tackle Set-Up Reference

Since this blog is mainly for the benefits of my new-to-fishing friends and a couple did raise several questions regarding what set-up were we using at the Taman Jurong pay pond. Since I am such a nice person I decided to share the information here!

Anthony was using:-
DAM Crosspower 7 feet Rod with fast action
Shimano Slate 2500FB
15lb braided line (Can't remember what brand)
30lb Surecatch leader

I was using:-
Protech 7 feet IM-7 Graphite
Spin Focus GT3500 Reel
20lb braided line (Some cheap $10 for 100m brand)
30lb Surecatch leader

Please note that these settings are strictly for reference only. I know of people *cough dBs- cough* who actually use size 1000 reels for pay ponds... Go figure...

While I am on the topic of tackle set-ups, I have seen people asking about Kuala Rompin set-ups as well, so I got this guideline courtesy of Macko of FK.

Tackle Needed.
Rod:Pe3-5
Reel size:6000-8000 size
Main Line:40/50lbs braids Min.300meter
Shock Leader:80-100lbs
Hook:6/0-7/0 Owner Circle Hook

That said, I was planning on a PE6 rod with a 5000 reel, so it goes to show how much your set up actually boils down to your preference.

Til next time, tight lines everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment